Have you ever heard someone talk about the weird stuff they eat when they’re high? Or seen someone eat while they were high? Sometimes it’s because they’re too lazy to drive to Taco Bell, but sometimes it’s really inventive. If it weren’t for the college I went to I would’ve never known Caesar dressing goes pretty well on waffles. Or potato chips crumbled on brownies with ice cream and whipped cream is awesome. Or that cranberries and salt and pepper chips are pretty damn good together. I used the knowledge of that last one to make some of the best cranberry sauce I have ever had one year. I’ve eaten the potato chip brownie combo a lot, until Ben and Jerry’s just straight up made an ice cream with chocolate covered potato chips, which is the best ice cream out there right now except their peach cobbler. That particular one is made out of heaven or something. I’ve only tried that waffles with Caesar dressing one once, but that’s only because those two foods aren’t normally around at the same time.
My all time favorite “stoner food” though? Guacamole. I am addicted/obsessed with avocados. I can’t get enough of ’em, no matter how they’re prepared. I haven’t tried them with chocolate though, although I’m pretty sure if done right it would be epic. One of the coolest things about guacamole is beyond it’s main ingredient being avocados it’s really up to you what’s in it, and like I’ve said before one of my favorite things about cooking is experimenting with flavors and customizing to suit your tastebuds or just whatever happens to be in your kitchen. Hell, I’ve even put Chick-Fil-A sauce in guacamole before because it sounded good at the time and it ended up being amazing. My best friend and I ate it all in about 5 minutes and the whole time kept arguing that the other one was eating too much of it. She also shares an avocado problem.
Anyway, to the moral of this post, recently I combined two of my biggest food loves and had such a mouthgasm that I’ve been eating it at least once a week since then; guacamole pasta. It’s pretty much the ultimate dish in my book. It’s delicious warm but would probably still be kick ass cold, I’m trying that next. Below is my tried and true basic guacamole recipe. Try it with pasta. Try it on chips. Try it on anything, and let me know how it works out. It’s the least you could do since I’m saving you that trip to Taco Bell.
Megan’s Addictive Guacamole
- 1 Avocado, size depends on how big of a batch you’re making. You don’t want to make more than you can eat though because the guac will turn brown and not be so yummy after a while.
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream (makes it super creamy)
- 1 Tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped cilantro, I use the squeeze tube of chopped cilantro and I love the stuff. I can tell a little difference on flavor but it’s such a small difference that I am willing to over look it if it means I don’t have to toss a bunch of cilantro every few days because I didn’t use it fast enough.
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Dash salt
- Whatever the hell else you feel like tossing in there. I’ve put tequila in it before, basil, pine nuts, the Chik-Fil-A sauce, it’s really up to you.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until you are satisfied. Some people like chunks, some people don’t. If you’re making guacamole pasta I recommend blending until creamy.
And while you’re reading this post you might as well hop over to the Stoner Food and check out all the delicious looking/sounding stoner food they have!